Personalised lessons from the comfort of your own home OR IN OUR ST NEOTS STUDIO
Specialising in contemporary music and musical theatre
Advance your voice and vocal capabilities with private online or 1-to-1 singing lessons.
Coaching for all levels and styles, tailored to suit you.
This video is part of an online vocal coaching session.
It shows how singing lessons via video link can be simple and effective.
What you can achieve
- Improved endurance
- Extended vocal range
- Increased dynamic range
- Enhanced intonation
- Better flow & mobility through the vocal range
- Vocal styling improvements
- A connected vocal sound without breaks in the register transitions
- Improved confidence
- Better understanding of your own voice
Services & Techniques
Lessons and exercises can focus on specific areas or goals, or we can work to improve your overall singing.
I have sat in and played for so many auditions in musical theatre (West End & touring) and know what Directors, MDs, supervisors & Choreographers will be looking for. I can give you that inside knowledge to help you achieve your goals
So, what can we do?
Source the correct material
- Finding the appropriate song is an important step in helping you do well in Auditions.
- What kind of Style or Genre is the show based on?
- What vocal range is covered by the part you’re auditioning for?
- What’s the accent or nationality, how does that affect me while singing?
- Choose something relevant to the part you’re auditioning for to give you the best chance of impressing.
Work through the song
- It’s important to learn any song choices thoroughly. Listening to a recording of it repeatedly & analysing it before attempting it,
- Then sing it, find the weak spots and adjust them to build your confidence & let your voice soar.
- What’s the story of the song?
- What’s the vocal style?
- What’s the range and dynamics?
- What vocal modes will I be using?
- How does movement affect my singing in my song choice?
- Do I have to modify my vowels?
I can help you build that confidence, get it into the memory bank and make it feel natural to you, getting rid of the nervous tension to give the best version of you in your audition. I can give you vocal exercises based on the song and range, building your warm up specifically to your song choices. I can create piano tracks for your practice for you to take with you. We’ve got you covered!
30 minutes (half hr) – £20
60 minutes (1hr) – £40
Lesson packages available
3x 1hr lessons package – £100 (normally £120)
5x 1hr lessons package – £160 (normally £200)
Piano lessons are carried out in person, 1-to-1 coaching at our St Neots, Cambridgeshire studio.
Learn from an IVA Qualified Singing Tutor
Rich Anderson is a qualified instructor with qualifications from the renowned Institute for Vocal Advancement.